Smart Resources is hiring a Data Warehouse Production Support Analyst in Richmond, Virginia.
This role is responsible for the support and production operations of the Regional Data Warehouse (RDW) and Regional Data Mart (RDM). This position will be a strong advocate for meeting service levels and maintaining high availability in the data warehouse. This includes responding to questions from the business users and handling issues as they are reported. Duties also include:
- General production support of production data warehouse
- Working with the Regional Services Team (RST) and the company teams to ensure issues are properly understood and accurately assigned
- Maintaining an issues knowledge base with resolutions for future reference
- Diagnosing and resolving data and system issues to ensure warehouse usability for the consumers of the warehouse data
- Performing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly operations tasks required for the ongoing functionality of the software applications.
- Some light debugging duties using SQL will be required in order to develop queries/reports of varying complexity to troubleshoot and recommend fixes to development teams
- Coordinate with business and IT groups to ensure reliability of the RDW system
- Monitoring dashboard and escalate issues where needed
- Providing 24×7 operational support to all production practices on holidays and weekends.
- Developing and maintain professional relationships with all online business teams
- Coordinating with various teams and raise support ticket for all issues, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution of all production tickets
- Greeting all customers pleasantly and ensure compliance to all customer requirements
- Maintaining logs of all issues and ensure resolutions according to quality assurance tests for all production processes
- Acting as the point of contact for the data warehouse production eco system
Mandatory skills/experience required (i.e., customer service, communication, analytical, computer, etc.):
Key Skills Requirement:
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the SQL
- 3+ Years of SQL or equivalent
- Maintain effective working relationships with all functional units of the organization.
- Effectively recognize and manage interpersonal communication challenges
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team including flexibility to support multiple locations when necessary
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Issues are handled with proper professionalism and with service level agreements
- Effective communication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Diligent attention to detail is essential due to the nature work
- Thorough analysis, judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize is a must
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience supporting software applications
- Degree is required
- Data warehousing knowledge and experience is a strong asset
No Third Party Vendors or Corp To Corp.