The IS Manager is responsible for management of all computer software, hardware and network. Manages resources and vendors essential to fully functional information system department. Manages evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology infrastructure. Acts as Project Manager/Developer for EDI projects for multiple systems to include WMS, TMS, Freight Payment, among others. Oversees installation, backup systems operate effectively.
- Works with President and Technology Consultant to develop and implement strategic plan for all company Information Systems
- Works with President and Technology Consultant to Plan, develop, and implement Information Systems Budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness;
- Works with President and Technology Consultant to maintain and update disaster recovery plans
- Manages Network and PC infrastructure resources essential to information systems including Third Party Data Center and PC Support Call Center vendors
- Provides Technical Support to Super Users of key software applications
- Provides or arranges training and support on key corporate Information Systems ie. New PC’s, Printers, Office365, etc.
- Manages technology projects including upgrades, installation of new equipment, etc.;
- Maintains on-going relationships with technology vendors and ensures contractual and budgetary compliance
- Manages crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems
- Manages EDI strategic plan, budget, implementation, and execution
- Implement EDI/B2B mapping and assist with new customer setups.
- Work with internal and external user community to ensure EDI documents are transmitted on time and processed successfully.
- Work closely with customers and trading partners to research and resolve errors.
- Reporting to management on the cause and resolution to EDI issues.
- Work with technical resources at third party software provider to resolve issues and to understand the causes behind the issues.
- Making sure documents continue to successfully flow between our host system, Windows Servers, and our trading partners.
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to Riverside Logistics EDI program.
- Train vendors and internal users on how to use the EDI/B2B application.
- At least 1 year related EDI/B2B experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of EDI/B2B documents (ex. XML, ANSI X12 and Flat Files). Must be familiar with EDI/B2B standards and mapping tools.
- Familiarity with FTP/s, AS2 and other transmission protocols.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Able to understand the overall technical aspects of the B2B application, as well as be able to communicate the process to many different end users.
- Must have good documentation skills along with previous experience in creating and maintaining reports.
- Must be able to multi-task; and be comfortable in an environment where priorities are constantly shifting.
- Must be a fast learner with strong work ethic.
- Effectively prioritize and work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to utilize computer reference material to conduct independent research and solve problems.
- Working knowledge of the Internet, PC and printer setup.
- Creative problem solver and can do attitude.
- Basic MS SQL Server knowledge and skills (does not need to be a DBA but should know how to use the SQL admin tools and query tools).
- College Degree or equivalent experience;
- 5-7 years previous database management experience;
- 5-7 years previous Network and PC operations experience
- Previous training experience preferred.