We are looking for a programmer to develop and support programs for an enterprise imaging application. The application is being developed primarily in Java with additional project support needed for MS VB .Net. Both applications will be using Informix. The successful programmer will need excellent communication skills, a flexible work attitude, and previous programming skills (more than 4 years experience successfully implementing software projects), experience with Agile programming methodology having multiple software iterations is desirable. The programmer will need to be familiar enough with both MS VB.NET and Java to handle questions or modifications in both languages.
- Software Development in Java / Apache Tomcat environment.
- Software Development in MS VB.NET environment.
- Some PC support/maintenance in VB.NET
- Unit Testing necessary
- Analysis skills critical
- Possible creation of UNIX scripts for deployment
- Training, documentation and knowledge transfer of completed application
- Perform database design, development and analysis on Relational Database Management Systems to develop, maintain and optimize performance in imaging applications.
- Perform programming and analysis tasks for both indexing and imaging server applications including database and GUI development.
- Develop client applications for scanning, searching and retrieval on client machines working closely with database server.
- Work closely with court staff, application analysts and end users to define requirements; write program specifications; design, code, test and debug programming assignments; assist activities of junior and intermediate application developers.
- Receive direction from Senior Imaging Application Development Lead and Records Imaging Systems Manager.
- Senior Application Developer will be required to interface with end users and analysts to provide solutions to complex analytical and tactical system issues. In addition, they may: assist the efforts of other developers in major system development projects; conduct discussions with Court Analysts to determine functional requirements, analyze these requirements, and determine proposed solutions to manual and/or computer-based information processing requirements; and review system performance.
- The developers will access UAT and Dev environments interfacing with Unix based operating system running Apache Tomcat.
- Take part in strategic direction meetings.
- Review system performance and identify potential enhancements with end user stakeholders.
- Conduct discussions with Court staff division users to determine functional requirements, analyze these requirements, and determine proposed solutions to current needs.
- Senior Level experience requirement: four (4) or more years of application development work including imaging components.
- Must have experience with SQL databases and JAVA and MS VB.NET.
- Operating System Experience: Unix/Linux -primary development experience with application development and analysis
- Programming experience most desired: Java as well as MS VB.NET Database SQL in a relational database experience necessary.
- Experience developing entire applications is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with other front line and second level support engineers
- Experience with Data Modeling, Software Development Kits, and development tools such as subversion is preferable.